The Hatha Yoga Pradipika emphasizes the importance of practicing the Yama of Mitahara, the appropriate intake of food, as determining success in Yoga practice. The practitioner should only consume those foods that are conducive to easy digestion and in quantities that can keep the body and mind clear and light.
The focus of this program is to facilitate the release of deeply held toxins and habitual patterns that may keep us stuck in destructive behaviors, not allowing us to recognize clarity or to experience the depth of our potential energy.
Cleansing works on many different levels. Toxins occur in the foods we eat, the air we breathe, the emotions we harbor. Cleansing our cells must be our biggest priority for long-term health.
This program is for those interested in understanding the cycle of illness and dis-ease, motivated to heal themselves through diet changes and physical practice of yoga.
Basic eating principles from Ayurveda and a specialized diet will be utilized along with Shadow Yoga movement.
“By controlling the palate one gains control over the body and the mind,
the blood is cleaned,
the breath becomes powerful
and one gains good bones, marrow and gentle speech.”
This cleanse has been offered to groups of students annually since 2003 and is now available as an individual online program that can be applied at any desired time of the year for one or two weeks.
What you receive:
- A prerecorded 2 hour preparatory lecture to be viewed 4 days prior to active cleanse
- 2 prerecorded yoga classes to follow every morning and afternoon for 7 days
- 2 online 30 minute personal consults to be set up for the preparation and ending of the cleanse
- up to 14 days of personal online support through email and experienced advice
- A comprehensive 45 page cleansing manual based on Yoga and Ayurveda principles
- A constitutional balancing diet to follow
- Daily homework and self awareness assignments for 7 days
- Yogic cleansing techniques
- Ayurvedic Dosha Quizzes plus documents on Yoga and Ayurvedic principles
- A variety of helpful links on nutrition and cleansing
- A life long tool that can be applied as often as desired
- The possibility and chance to change your life and habits
Open to all shadow yoga students with knowledge of at least one prelude.
Given in English.
Note: Although indicated as 7 days, it is suggested to take 3-4 days to prepare, 7 days of active cleansing and 3-4 days to come off smoothly. Women should schedule this program during the days when not menstruating.
Online consults offered on Zoom, FaceTime or Skype
(in CAD, taxes included)
7 Day Program:
1st time – $265
repeat – $195 (includes 58 page cleansing manual)
14 Day Program:
prerequisite for 14 days: one must have already gone through our 7 day cleanse at least once
Includes a 3rd consult mid way, a 3rd prerecorded yoga class, and a 69 page cleansing manual